Skip to Content
LAW OFFICES OF NORKA M. SCHELL, LLC Employment Authorization Document (EAD)

New York Employment Authorization Document (EAD) Attorney 

Immigrating to the United States is a complicated process. As New York Immigration lawyers, we work to simplify that process and help you move easily through the U.S. employment-based immigration system.​ Attorney Norka M. Schell at the Law Offices of Norka M. Schell, LLC is an aggressive immigration attorney with extensive employment-based immigration experience including successfully filing for Employment Authorization for foreigners.

Contact us online or call (212) 258-0713 to speak with an experienced immigration attorney in New York about your EAD application.

What You Should Know​

An Employment Authorization Document (EAD card) is also known as a work permit. The employment authorization document is issued by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and is issued to show your legal right to work in the United States. EAD is also a photo identification card that certain nonimmigrants (foreign-born persons with a temporary right to be in the United States) may apply for in order to show employers evidence of their right or approval to work. 

Generally the EAD is issued in the form of a credit card sized plastic card. This employment authorization document card comes enhanced with multiple security coding which cannot be duplicated. The employment authorization document will provide information about your name, birth date, sex, immigrant category, country of birth, photo, alien registration number, card number, term and conditions of care restrictions and valid date.


Why Choose Law Offices Of Norka M. Schell?

  • Family-Centric Approach
    Embracing a family-oriented ethos in our practice, where clients are treated with the care and respect they deserve, fostering lasting relationships built on trust.
  • Extensive Clientele Support
    Having assisted thousands of clients, we understand unique needs and offer tailored solutions for each individual or business.
  • Multilingual Expertise
    Fluency in Spanish and Portuguese to ensure seamless communication and understanding for our diverse clientele.
  • Three Decades of Excellence
    Over 30 years of dedicated legal practice, offering seasoned experience and deep-rooted knowledge.

Who Should File Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization?

If you are not a US citizen or a lawful permanent resident, you may need to apply for an EAD to prove you may work in the United States. The specific categories that require an EAD include (but are not limited to)

  • asylees and asylum seekers;
  • refugees;
  • students seeking particular types of employment;
  • adjust of status applicants;
  • temporary protected status applicants;
  • fiancés and spouses of American citizens;
  • dependents of foreign government officials;
  • J-2 spouse or minor child of an Exchange Visitor;
  • spouse of an E-1/E-2 Treaty Trader or Investor;
  • spouse of an L-1 Intra-company Transferee.

Contact the Law Offices of Norka M. Schell, LLC today to discuss your eligibility for working in the United States and your possibility for obtaining an Employment Authorization Document. When you choose the Law Offices of Norka M. Schell, LLC you gain an advisor that will be as dedicated to your success as your are.

Contact us online or call (212) 258-0713 to schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney in New York.

Continue Reading Read Less
  • Our Areas of Practice
    Our firm is dedicated to family law. See how we can help!
  • Get Started Today
    The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can start your case.
  • Meet the Team
    Get to know our family law firm and see how we can help!
  • Our Testimonials
    Check out what past clients have said about working with our firm.

Contact Law Offices Of Norka M. Schell Today!

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy