NYC Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Lawyer
Helping Immigrants in New York City & Worldwide
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) is a program that allows certain individuals who came to the United States as children to request deferred action from deportation and obtain a work permit. DACA recipients are also known as “Dreamers.”
At the Law Offices of Norka M. Schell, LLC, we are committed to helping immigrants in New York City and worldwide. If you have questions about DACA, we can help you understand your rights and options. Our NYC DACA lawyer can guide you through the application process and help you renew your DACA status. We are here to provide the compassionate, personalized legal counsel you need.
Call (212) 258-0713 or contact us online to request a consultation with our DACA attorney in NYC.
What Are the Eligibility Criteria for DACA?
Not everyone is eligible for DACA. To qualify, you must meet certain criteria.
The eligibility criteria for DACA include:
- You were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012
- You came to the U.S. before your 16th birthday
- You have continuously resided in the U.S. since June 15, 2007
- You were physically present in the U.S. on June 15, 2012, and at the time of your DACA application
- You had no lawful status on June 15, 2012
- You are currently in school, have graduated from high school, have obtained a GED, or have been honorably discharged from the U.S. Coast Guard or Armed Forces
- You have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, or three or more other misdemeanors, and you do not pose a threat to national security or public safety
It is important to note that DACA is not a path to lawful permanent residence or U.S. citizenship. However, it does provide temporary relief from deportation and allows you to obtain a work permit.
What Is the DACA Application Process?
Applying for DACA can be a complex and confusing process. At the Law Offices of Norka M. Schell, LLC, we can help you navigate the application process and ensure that you have the best possible chance of success.
The DACA application process involves the following steps:
- Prepare your application: You will need to gather the necessary documents and complete the appropriate forms. Our DACA lawyer in NYC can help you prepare your application and ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Submit your application: Once your application is complete, you will need to submit it to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Our team can help you ensure that your application is submitted on time and that you have included all the necessary documents.
- Attend your biometrics appointment: After you submit your application, you will receive a notice to appear at a biometrics appointment. At this appointment, USCIS will take your fingerprints, photograph, and signature. Our DACA attorney in NYC can help you prepare for this appointment.
- Attend your interview: In some cases, USCIS may request an interview. If this happens, our team can help you prepare for the interview and ensure that you are ready to answer any questions that may arise.
- Receive a decision: After your application has been processed, USCIS will send you a decision. If your application is approved, you will receive your DACA status and work permit. If your application is denied, our team can help you understand your options and determine the best course of action.
Embracing a family-oriented ethos in our practice, where clients are treated with the care and respect they deserve, fostering lasting relationships built on trust.
Having assisted thousands of clients, we understand unique needs and offer tailored solutions for each individual or business.
Fluency in Spanish and Portuguese to ensure seamless communication and understanding for our diverse clientele.
Over 30 years of dedicated legal practice, offering seasoned experience and deep-rooted knowledge.
How Long Does DACA Last?
Initially, DACA was valid for a period of two years. However, in 2020, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the attempt to end DACA was unlawful. As a result, USCIS is currently accepting DACA renewal applications and granting DACA status for a period of one year.
It is important to note that DACA is a temporary program. It does not provide a path to lawful permanent residence or U.S. citizenship. However, it does provide temporary relief from deportation and allows you to obtain a work permit. If you have questions about DACA or need help renewing your DACA status, our team is here to help.
Can I Travel Abroad While Being A DACA Recipient?
Advance parole is a travel document that allows certain individuals to re-enter the U.S. after traveling abroad. If you are a DACA recipient, you can apply for advance parole if you need to travel outside the U.S. for educational, employment, or humanitarian purposes.
It is important to note that advance parole is not available to all DACA recipients. In general, you must be able to demonstrate that you have a valid reason for traveling outside the U.S. and that your travel is in the national interest. Our DACA attorney in NYC can help you determine if you are eligible for advance parole and guide you through the application process.
Request a Consultation Today
Our DACA attorney in NYC is here to help you understand your rights and options. We can guide you through the DACA application process and help you renew your DACA status. Our team is committed to providing the compassionate, personalized legal counsel you need.
Call (212) 258-0713 or contact us online to request a consultation with our DACA lawyer in NYC.
"Expert Legal Guidance And Support"
?Thank you so much for helping the Military Assistance Program! Our service members and their families rest easier knowing they have your expert legal guidance and support. We appreciate all that you do!- Eric L.
"Remarkably Quick"The process has been remarkably quick, and I appreciate the efficiency and professionalism demonstrated throughout. The communication has been excellent, with clear guidance every step of the way.- Togar M.
"Renewed Sense Of Confidence"During my consultation Norka demonstrated care and as a client that was very important to me.Well let’s say I leave her office with a renewed sense of confidence and Trust, she explained how we will work together as a team and I sincerely appreciate- Simeon
"Your Actions Provided Me A New Life"Thank you for your excellent professional. Your actions provided me a new life when you got me at the jail and helped me get my green card.- Wilfredo T.
"Confident, Forthright and Honest"
She believes in her ability to do what she does best and this gives us peace of mind knowing that we have someone like her seeking every way to get us the results that both parties are expecting. We would highly recommend her to anyone who is in need of- Ramesh
"Efficient And Effective"She is efficient and effective in everything she does with immigration because she knows how delicate is with the USCIS. She got me out of the immigration facility and gave me another life in my adopted country the United States. That is hard work for me.- Lewis B.
"O meu green card chegou!"
O meu green card chegou na última quinta feira, agradeço você, Dra. Schell por tudo que fez e graças DEUS deu tudo certo.- Orbrigado
"Committed & Punctual"
Norka is a great lawyer, and she’s doing an excellent job for me and my family. I commend her work. can trust she is very committed and punctual in everything she does. and does his job with much love and dedication!- Anonymous
Our Areas of PracticeOur firm is dedicated to family law. See how we can help!
Get Started TodayThe sooner you contact us, the sooner we can start your case.
Meet the TeamGet to know our family law firm and see how we can help!
Our TestimonialsCheck out what past clients have said about working with our firm.