(212) 258-0713 OR 
© 2013 LAW OFFICES OF NORKA M. SCHELL, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

NYC Immigration Green Card Lawyer

The New York Immigration Lawyers of Norka M. Schell, LLC have represented many hundreds of valued clients in a diverse range of immigration and deportation situations. Our immigration practice is put together on the groundwork of developing trusting working relationships together with our clients. We do this simply by providing extremely skilled attorney and by furnishing a caring atmosphere and extremely receptive service. If you need quick assistance from a immigration attorney in New York call today. 

What You Should Know​
A Permanent Resident Card (USCIS Form I-551) is proof of your permanent resident status in the United States. It also serves as a valid personal identification document and proof that you eligible to live and work in the United States. Although some resident cards, commonly known as "green cards" do not contain an expiration date, most are valid for ten (10) years. If you have been granted conditional resident status, your card is only valid for two (2) years. 

It is important to keep your card up to date. Without a valid card, it may be difficult for you to prove that you are permanent resident, and this could also affect your ability to travel or to prove your eligibility to work in the United States. 

When Do I Need to Renew My Green Card?
You should renew your permanent resident card if you were issued a card that is valid for 10 years that has either expired or will expire within the next 6 months.

If your permanent resident card is valid for 2 years, you are a condition resident and must file to remove the condition on the green card instead of filing for renewal. You must file to remove the condition on your green card within 90 days of the card's expiration date. If your petition to remove the condition on green card is approved, you will then be granted a permanent resident card with a 10 year validity.

If your permanent resident card does not have an expiration date on it, then you have a very old version of the card. Most old versions are no longer valid. Even if you card does not have an expiration date on it, you should most likely renew it. However, you should consult an experience immigration attorney before filing to avoid any potential complications. 

When Do I Need to Replace My Green Card?
You will need to replace your green card if any of the information contained on the card has changed or if you card has been lost, stolen or damaged.  

You will also need to replace your green card if your card was obtained prior to you turning 14 years old. You are required to replace your green card when you turn 14 years of age.

When your choose the Law Offices of Norka M. Schell, you gain an adviser that will be as dedicated to your success as you are.
Representing clients in 
New York and all over the U.S.